The Embudo Water Tower was painted by Rod Guthrie in 1998. ’‘’__Ղ’‘’¾’‘’_’‘_’‘’___We offer this in two options: Ready to hang Giclee and archival paper.
Approximate size is 32" X 40".
From Wikipedia: The Embudo Station is located 2.9 miles south of the intersection of NM State Road 75, near where the Embudo River flows into the Rio Grande. The name "Embudo", meaning "funnel" in Spanish, was given to the area by early Spanish settlers because the spot where the Rio Embudo flowed between two distinctive cone shaped hills reminded them of a funnel. Embudo was founded in 1881 when the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad opened a station (depot) there on its Chili Line. The station was named after the village San Antonio de Embudo, located 2 miles up the Embudo River, and until 1902 both communities shared a post office and were known jointly as Embudo. In 1900, anticipating a separate post office in the village, San Antonio de Embudo changed its name to Dixon. When the Dixon post office opened in 1902, however, Embudo lost its post office. Embudo got a post office again in 1905 only to lose it in 1909. However, since 1914 Embudo has had its own post office, zip code 87531.